This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for HikingTShirtStore.com. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website and third parties, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
Information Collected By This Site
Placing An Order
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
If you choose to create an account when ordering, your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You are responsible for preventing unauthorized access to your ordering account and all the personal information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you finish accessing your account.
You can opt out of creating an account during the order process, in which case we will only store information needed to fulfill the order.
Your payment information (credit cards, passwords, financials, etc.) will not be stored on the HikingTShirtStore.com servers. We do not receive your credit card information at any time.
To assure the safety of your sensitive/credit information, we use a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL – a technology which ensures privacy by generating an encrypted link between web server and browser) and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
If you choose to identify yourself (or otherwise provide us with personal information) when you use our online forms:
- If you request information, services, or assistance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties that (in our judgment) are appropriate in order to fulfill your request. If, when you provide us with such information, you specify that you do not want us to disclose the information to third parties, we will honor your request. Note, however, that if you do not provide such information, it may be impossible for us to refer, respond to or fulfill your request.
- If your communication relates to a law enforcement matter, we may disclose the information to law enforcement agencies that we deem appropriate.
As HikingTShirtStore.com email list subscriber, you will get email messages sent by MailChimp. You can change your personal data on the subscribers list by clicking the “update subscription preferences” link in any message we have sent you using MailChimp. You can also unsubscribe from any list by clicking the “unsubscribe from this list” link at the bottom of any message.
We also use Google Optimize to record a person’s involvement in a website experiment e.g. an A/B test where half of our website users see one webpage, and the other half see an alternative version. We use this to create a better experience for you.
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link.
What Do We Do With the Information We Gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Fulfilling your order.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided when opting-into the newsletter.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Do we disclose any information to third parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, as long as those parties are obliged to keep this information confidential (such as payment processing or accounting services). You will find the list of those companies along with the details of what data they process, and for what purposes, in a previous section.
We may also release your information when we believe the release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others rights, property, or safety, as well as in the event of breaking the Terms of Service (such as sending spam and prohibited content).
However, non-personal visitor information (such as: the Device’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, the web page visited before or after you came to our website, information you search for on our website, and interactions with the Service) may be used by us for marketing, advertising, statistic purposes and to track the general progress of efficiency of our Service.
What rights you have over your data?
If you have an account on this site you can request to that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
What are Cookies?
- collect analytics data about the performance of our websites and to improve the user experience for the visitor.
- personalise web pages during your visit to our websites. For example when we display the products that you have previously clicked on during your visit or the items you have added to your cart.
- improve the relevancy of ads on Google, Facebook and other websites; this is called remarketing and can be opted out of through Google’s Ad Settings.
Opting Out of Cookies
There are a number of ways for you to manage cookies and other tracking technologies. Through your browser settings, you can accept or decline cookies or set your browser to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. You should be aware that you may not be able to use all our features if you set your browser to disable cookies entirely.
If you use different computers in different locations you will need to ensure that each browser is adjusted to suit your preferences.
You can delete any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser. The various browsers provide different procedures to manage your settings. Please refer to your browser documentation to learn how to manage cookies on your browser.
Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
Limits of our policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.